An inside look at the musings, ramblings and daily life of one terribly confused boy.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Makeup Review- Slytherin Greens, Lush Purples and Velvety Blacks (Plus a few Eyeliners)

So its been a while since I have done anything productive on here, so I thought I would add a new makeup review for you guys!

Any of you who know me personally would know that I HATE that there are literally only a handful of good, vibrant green eyeshadows that dont look terrible. This has been a big issue for me and my want to do Slytherin inspired makeup. Today, I managed to find a palette that had TWO amazing greens in it.

                                       




The palette is called "Forest Fury" by Maybelline EyeStudio. All of them have shimmer, but the darkest green the shimmer is barely present. Seeing as I hate shimmery eyeshadows 90% of the time, this makes me really happy. They all are gold-based so they are less of a primary green and more of a yellow-green, but its wonderful. They are highly pigmented save for the two highlights, and those are REALLY pale. The glitter is really densely glittery but needs a good primer beneath it or to be used wet.


Next up is a palette from the same brand but the name is "Amethyst Ablazed" And holy shit these purples are LUSH.

                                 
                                 
                                 






























Some of my favourite purples now, hands down. The glitter at the top of the palette is amazing, previously Uzi by Urban Decay was my favourite glitter, but this beats it out easily. The darkest purple is (unsurprisingly) my favourite but that glitter. That glitter.

Overall, these palettes get a 8 out of 10 from me. They are blendable, vibrant and rich, but they definitely need a primer underneath or to be used wet if you want an intense look.

Next up? My new favourite black eyeshadow.

                                 









Its by L'Oreal, the colour is Lush Raven (So fantastically goth, right?) And not only is it one of the deepest matte blacks I have found, but its super blendable and does not fade! It works amazingly wet and does even better over a primer. 9 out of 10 from me on this one.

                               
                               




















These are some of my staples, at least, the ScandalEyes are. They are creamy and smooth, go on like BUTTER and dry to a powder-soft colour. When wet, they blend like a dream and make really good bases for shadows. I want to try the black for lips, but I havent had a chance to yet.  The two colours shown are "Blackmail" and "Tempting Turquoise"  7.5 out of 10 for these two.

The Nyx white eyeliner is just that, a white eyeliner. Its blendable and smooth, but could do with being a bit more solid. 6 out of 10 for this.

The last is a liquid felt tip eyeliner by Hard Candy called Stroke of Gorgeous. The colour is "Storm". I expected it to be a brighter shade of purple, but it ended up being a very dark, sultry plum colour. This shit does NOT rub off. It's waterproof, solid and really easy to use. 8 out of 10 for this.

All in all, new makeup was a good thing. Definitely found some new things I plan to use often! I hope you guys enjoyed this awfully rambly post!

-Joji

2 comments:

  1. That Hard Candy eyeliner sounds perfect for drawing on my eyebrows and I'm willing to try out the ScandalEyes !

    ReplyDelete